Photobucket

WELCOME

Welcome to the blog of a family on a journey of reformation. Come join us as we learn to live our lives in accordance with Scripture and to do all unto the glory of God!!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

1 Peter 2:9 A Chosen People

I love this verse on my page today! 1 Peter 2:9~~~ We ARE chosen...we ARE called OUT of the darkness...into the light! We ARE going to be a peculiar people!

The light does not look like the dark. They are complete opposites! Those called by Christ are not going to look like those who are not. We will look strange to those in darkness, but that's ok!!
Praise the Lord, we are to live for HIM! As the verse says, we are a "holy nation."

That's what we have been learning this year...how to live in the light, pleasing to the Lord. BOY...we have so far to go...and I know none of us will live it perfectly in this life...but we are striving to make decisions to please GOD, not ourselves. And to live according to the Scriptures He has given us.

I am trying to ponder this as I enjoy this B~E~A~U~T~I~F~U~L day the Lord has given us. Perfect weather!! The little ones are playing playdough outside under a tree on a blanket, and my 17yr. old is helping my 7yr. old make a rubberband gun in the shed! A couple are sleeping...
Just trying to soak it all in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment